Saturday 3 September 2016

MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL VS BENEFIT ROLLER LASH - FIRST IMPRESSION!

Hello lovelies!
I'm definitely late jumping on the Lash Sensational bandwagon since near enough everyone owns/has owned this in their lifetime, except me, until now!
My current favourite mascara has been the BENEFIT Roller Lash which is on the higher price-end for a mascara (£19.50 at BOOTS) so if I could find a cheaper alternative with the Lash Sensational (£7.99 at BOOTS) then brilliant!

PACKAGING
The Roller Lash packaging is definitely prettier and feels a lot higher quality but I feel as if this contributes to the price whereas I'd rather pay less for a simpler packaging design. The handle of the mascara wand is easier to hold than the Lash Sensational however, as it is a rubber material.
The lash sensational isn't even close to how pretty the Roller Lash packaging is but I don't dislike it at all - its compact and pleasant to look at so I can't complain.

MASCARA WAND
The Roller Lash has a slightly curved rubber wand which has small "hooks" which apparently help curl the lashes. The Lash Sensational wand is very similar in that it is a slightly curved, rubber wand but this one is slightly bigger. They're both very similar which is why I'm guessing many people compare them.

LENGTHENING
I find the Roller Lash to be slightly lengthening but I do believe it would work better for those with lashes that are already long, unlike mine. However, it does curl the lashes well, giving the appearance of longer lashes.
Although a slightly clumpier formula, the Lash Sensational lengthens my lashes A LOT more and I can apply multiple coats without it looking too clumpy. This did take some getting used to and I have to spend a little more time on completing my mascara but the overall look is much longer in the end.

VOLUMISING
I definitely believe the Lash Sensational too be better at volumizing as the formula is thicker. It can take some practice as it can be a "clumpy" mascara when applying for the first time but when you get the hang of it, it makes the lashes look much better in comparison to the Roller Lash, which doesn't do much for volumizing. However, I'm pretty sure the Roller Lash doesn't claim to be a volumizing mascara, simply more curling and lengthening so I didn't expect this anyway.

PRICE POINT
If you have the money to splash out on the Roller Lash, it is not at all a bad mascara and gives a much more natural look to the lashes. It was a lovely treat as a birthday present for myself and I still use it on makeup days where I want a more natural look. 
However, I would much sooner recommend the Lash Sensational if you are going to be using this type of mascara day-to-day as it is a lot cheaper. I prefer the overall look when using this mascara in comparison to the Roller Lash but it is all about how you prefer your lashes to look. If you're looking for natural length and curl - Roller Lash, if you're looking for stand-out length and volume - Lash Sensational.

I hope this was helpful and thank you for reading!
Holly Amber X

No comments:

Post a Comment