Tuesday 1 December 2015

THE WORST FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER USED (DRUGSTORE)

I'm not one for expensive, high-end foundations - I can't justify spending £30 upwards for a foundation on my budget and that is absolutely fine for me. I find many drugstore foundations to work wonderfully and I'm usually very happy with them.
However, after recently running out of my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, I was ready to test out a new foundation! This was mainly due to my increasingly pale complexion which required a really good colour match - I didn't want my foundation to have too many orange/warmer tones which I sometimes find the Rimmel foundations have.

So I went to Superdrug to test out some new foundations with high hopes and determination to find a good colour and what did I end up choosing.... L'Oréals True Match foundation (for 9.99). I can't criticise them for their large amount of choices on colour and the colour I chose (1N - Ivory) was honestly a perfect colour match so this was not my problem with it.

My problem was everything else. Okay, so first of all it quotes to be "super-blendable" - this is the least blendable foundation I have ever tried. This opinion hasn't come from using it once, I've been wearing it on my skin for the last five days now using a range of methods to make it work better.
I tried using it on its own, with my normal day cream, a thicker day cream, a drugstore primer (Rimmel "Fix and Perfect") and two higher-end primers (Benefit's porefessional and Talika's "Photo-Hydra" day cream which works really well as a primer). No method I use helps it to blend nicely. In fact, it is the most drying foundation I've come across - I'm not a person who has dry skin at all and I've never had a problem with products drying out my skin. Although I rarely have any obvious blemishes, this foundation picked up on all of the tiny little imperfections on my face. Even after exfoliating my skin, this foundation made it look so bumpy and uneven still - especially around areas like my nose and between my eyebrows, my skin looked terrible.

Another problem I had over the day was that it slipped on my skin everywhere and even if I just rubbed my skin or scratched my skin in the slightest way, the foundation came off onto my fingers and left my face patchy. This happened even when I used a primer as well as my Urban Decay "All-nighter" setting spray! The coverage is terrible and it is definitely not build able, applying the thinnest layer highlights all of your imperfections, never mind 2 or 3 layers. The suggestion to use a very thin layer was pointless, it was no more blendable than I had previously found and gave me barely any coverage.

I can safely say I will not be using this foundation anymore and I will be going back to my Rimmel London or Bourjois foundations (which are absolutely wonderful). I don't think I'd recommend this to anyone or any skin-type, I'm pretty sure it'd have the same effects on really oily skin too.
Highly disappointing!

Thank you for reading, I hope I've saved you from the very bad decision of purchasing this.
Holly Amber x

2 comments:

  1. I recently purchased this in the same shade and didn't find this? I think it's perfect. I have quite dry skin and I find the coverage is decent for the price. An amazing foundation, with a nice natural look. It doesn't slip off throughout the day, in my experience. But, you know, everyone's different I suppose? Nevertheless, really sad to see this product marked down :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found it sat on top of my skin and dried it out but I suppose everyone has different skin types and textures and not every product will work the same for everyone. I'm glad that it worked for you though :) I have seen some other good reviews but it just didn't work for me X

      Delete