Tuesday 3 November 2015

THE IMPORTANCE OF TAKING A BREAK.

6 weeks into my first year of university and I'm already feeling the pressure. I take my hat off to anyone graduated from university already, that is impressive stuff.


I'm definitely a person who puts too much pressure on myself to get things done which is not necessarily a bad thing, but after a continuous few weeks of hard work it was starting to take its toll on me a little.

So when the chance for a weekend away with my boyfriend and his family came about, I was more than thrilled.

We spent the weekend in Ladram Bay (Devon) which was such a refreshing environment. Beach walks, visiting the Donkey Sanctuary and going to Exmouth relaxed me wonderfully. 
Sometimes, removing yourself from the environment causing you to feel stressed is the best possible thing you can do. 
This doesn't mean everyone needs to spend the money on going away for a whole weekend though!

The main and most simple thing which I believe can lift your mood is surrounding yourself with people you love and those who make you smile. 
Taking a whole day, or even just a few hours, away from working can do you a world of good and will leave you feeling much more refreshed and motivated to complete that assignment, or write that essay, or make notes on those 40 chapters of a book you're meant to read.

Whilst it is important to do well in life and gain the qualifications or experience needed for a good career, remember to never put this in front of your health or happiness.
At the end of the day, what is a massive annual salary without personal happiness and fulfilment? 

Never lose sight of the most important things in life :) 

Thank you for reading!
Holly Amber x

Small side note: I definitely suggest visiting the Donkey Sanctuary in Devon if any of you are ever near. Such a lovely experience, such a wonderful facility which care for the beautiful animals amazingly. It was so lovely to be able to pet the animals and be in such close proximity of so many as well as seeing how well they are cared for at the same time.
Here is a link to their twitter page, their Facebook page and their website.



1 comment:

  1. The Donkey Sanctuary sounds lovely! It looks so peaceful there, I definitely agree with the benefits of taking a nice break, it always helps me to find my creative mojo again! xD lovely blog! xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | bloglovin follow for follow
    Follow for follow on instagram :D

    ReplyDelete