Thursday 7 January 2016

MY FAVOURITE 5 MAKE-UP BRUSHES!

A couple of years ago the only make-up brushes I'd ever used were a normal powder brush and a small eyeshadow applicator - little did I know about the wonders of all the other make-up brushes there were out there!


My absolute favourite make-up brush which I use daily is the Expert Face Brush by Real Techniques, sold for £9.99 in BOOTS (although I would check in some supermarkets which sell these, like ASDA, as they're sometimes discounted). Before purchasing this brush I really didn't know what I was missing. I used to use their Stippling Brush to apply and blend my foundation but it never really worked for me so after a long time debating, I purchased this. 
And what a brilliant decision it was! It blends my foundation beautifully and it is the softest brush I own, I apply the foundation either to the back of my hand or onto the brush directly and apply it to my face evenly in circular motions. The most important thing is creating a good base to put your make-up onto so starting with a brilliant foundation brush is a good idea - if you don't own any make-up brushes I'd definitely suggest purchasing this to start your collection!

The next of my favourite brushes in the Bold Metals Angled Powder Brush (103). I received this in a set of three Bold Metals brushes at Christmas which is currently on offer at £25.00 instead of £64.00! I can't find the brush on it's own on the BOOTS website, I think its only being sold exclusively in the set for now.
Its such a fluffy brush which I specifically wanted for soft contouring - as its so big its doesn't give you a harsh line but the angle of it makes it wonderful to contour your cheeks with. I absolutely love the design of the Bold Metals collection - it makes them look so expensive and luxurious.

Also from this set, I received the Bold Metals Tapered Blush (300) which is sold separately for £24.00. Again, the design is beautiful - this one is more a rose-gold colour rather than the  Angled Powder Brush which is a more true-gold colour. Although this is stated to be a blush brush, I prefer to use it for my highlighting as it has a tapered end - this means you can use it on smaller and broader areas. Both of these two brushes are so soft and fluffy and blend out any product amazingly - they don't hold onto much of the product either.

The next brush in my top 5 is a very affordable brush which I think I purchased for £4.00 at BOOTS - the Cheeks Brush from SEVENTEEN. I can't seem to find this on the BOOTS website but I'm sure they still sell them as single brushes in store - on the BOOTS website there is the SEVENTEEN Make-up brush Explosion set which has this brush in and is currently half price at £6.00 (and it includes 4 other make-up brushes). I purchased this as a quick decision as I wanted a more precise contouring brush than the one I had which wouldn't give too harsh a line. It's slightly tapered and I was pleasantly surprised at how soft it was and how easily it blended out my contour. I can't say I had high hopes for this brush but I was so impressed and I use it daily now for the smaller areas I want to contour - a brilliant affordable brush!

And finally, my fifth favourite brush is the simple but brilliant Real Techniques Powder Brush which is sold at BOOTS for £12.99. It may not be the most exciting brush to some people but I was so happy to get this, it's by far the softest and best powder brush I've ever used and it's relatively affordable compared to other high-end powder brushes. I think the most important brushes to get right are your base brushes - foundation, powder and concealer (which I am yet to find a brilliant brush for). If you haven't purchased a make-up brush before, I'd definitely start with the Powder brush and Expert Face Brush from Real techniques - they are very good investments and apply your make-up so well! 

As always, thank you for reading and I wish you all a very happy new year full of wonderful, happy things!

"Do good and good will come to you"

Holly Amber X

No comments:

Post a Comment