Thursday 28 July 2016

SLEEK "EYEBROW STYLIST" EYEBROW PENCIL!

Hello lovelies!
So another recent purchase of mine is the SLEEK "Eyebrow Stylist" eyebrow pencil which can be purchased for £6.49.
Top: SLEEK Brow Stylist
Bottom: Soap & Glory Brow Archery
I initially went to BOOTS to pick up either my regular brow pencil, the Soap & Glory Archery (Brow Tint and Pencil) which is £10.00 or the Soap & Glory Brow Archery which is £8.00, both in the shade "Brownie points". However, when

I got there both were sold out in my shade and I was in desperate need of a brow pencil so went on the hunt around the other brands.
That's how I ended up at the SLEEK stand, which is a brand I really do like, looking at their brow products. I was surprised to see the "Eyebrow stylist" pencil which looked extremely similar to the NO7 Eyebrow Sculpting Pencil, but cheaper! On the one end there is the pencil which is slanted at an angle to help with precision and the other end has an eyebrow brush which is extremely helpful to have alongside the pencil. The packaging is extremely plain with the SLEEK logo barely visible on the one end of the product but this doesn't bother me too much, as long as the product itself is good then I can look past the packaging.

The product comes in three different shades ("light", "medium" and "dark") but there was not a tester for "medium" so I went to the "dark" to test the texture. I found it was a lot less stiff than the NO7 product which I liked and the shade definitely wasn't as dark as I had expected looking at the swatch on my hand. This put me in a dilemma of which shade to get. 
I asked one of the sales assistant if she had another "medium" tester but she simply replied she hadn't which wasn't very helpful. Worried that the "medium" wouldn't be as cool-toned as the "dark", I ended up going for "dark".

When I got home, I tested the pencil on my eyebrows. If you plan to get this product I do suggest you use a very light hand as it can be extremely pigmented - this isn't a bad thing at all! It may just take a little getting used to since I used to press quite hard with my S&G pencil. The colour wasn't too bad towards the end of my eyebrow where I fill them in fuller but I do find it too much for the front so I'll probably use a lighter eyebrow pencil there.


Overall I think this product is brilliant considering the price you pay! Some may not like the very small range of shades on offer or the packaging, but the texture of the product and design with the eyebrow brush at the opposite end is great. I am definitely impressed!
Thank you for reading, you lovely people!
Holly Amber X

No comments:

Post a Comment