Friday 20 November 2015

GLOSSYBOX - NARS EDITION REVIEW!

I was so excited to receive my long-awaited NARS GLOSSYBOX!


When I heard the postman come to the door, I was so very eager to get my parcel from him. I was so happy to have been one of the lucky few to have purchased the special box within the 27 minutes it had taken to sell out. Although I had some difficulty accessing the webpage at first, I soon sorted this out (although I'm not sure many other people had been able to get one for this reason, which was a little disappointing I'm sure).

Upon opening the box, it was beautifully packaged (as with all of the GLOSSYBOXes) and the products were also in the very high-quality NARS packaging which felt weighty and expensive. I absolutely love the sleek but simple design NARS uses - it makes their products look very appealing and sophisticated.
An information card was included in the box; this explained what each product was, how to use them and their full-sized prices. Each product in the box was 'travel-sized' - I usually really dislike sample-like versions of products but these did not feel like "samples" as they each had a fairly good amount of product within them and their size only makes them more convenient to carry around with you! 

Larger Than life, long-wear eyeliner in "Via
Veneto".
The first product I came to look at was the "Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner" in the colour "Via Vineto" which, in full-size, is £19.00. On the information card it states that this eyeliner "stays put" for 12 hours and that it has a rich and creamy texture. I definitely agree that the texture of this is extremely creamy and, although I haven't tried to wear it for the 12-hour claim yet, testing it on the back of my hand left it very hard to smudge and remove so I'm pretty sure what they claim is possible. 
Directions for use are:
"Rather than applying it in one motion, try sketching on your desired shape for more control and a sleeker finish."
I particularly like the jet-black colour of this eyeliner and the fact it twists to reveal more product (if you understand what I mean). I am very excited to test this out!

Audacious Mascara in "Black Moon".

The second product I looked at was the "Audacious Mascara" in the colour "Black Moon" which is, in the full-sized version, £21.00. It claims to give extreme volume and length with a brush that has "over 200 hooks to coat a silky formula from roots to tips with full precision". After trying this out for the day, I'm very impressed I must say. It does give you extreme volume and length if you wiggle the wand up from root to tip. My only (very small) criticism of the wand is that it may be slightly big for some people as, if my eyes were any smaller, I think I may have found it hard to use.

The next three products I am so very pleased with.


The Multiple in "Orgasm".
The first of these is "The Multiple" in the shade "Orgasm" (cheeky, cheeky) which is, in the full-sized version, £29.00. First of all, the colour of this is absolutely gorgeous, I would describe it as a dusty rose shade with a beautiful shimmer.

The information card quotes:

" The trick with this multi-use cult classic is to use it like a crayon. Rub a little on the back of your hand to warm it up, then dab along the cheekbones, lips, eyes and even body for a shimmery, warming contour. Its totally build able - One stroke will highlight, two will provide a pinkish glow and three a healthy blush".




Top : NARS Blush (in the shade Orgasm)
Bottom: The Multiple (in the shade Orgasm)
I was really surprised at the texture of this (in a good way). When applying it, it first feels very creamy but as you touch it to blend it out a little, it becomes so light and dry as it sets into the skin so quickly! Such an impressive, multi-use product which I'd really consider buying in the full-sized version!.

The next product was the NARS blush in the shade "Orgasm" again (cheeky, cheeky) which, in the full-sized version, is £23.00.
Again, the colour is the beautiful "dusty-rose-with-a-shimmer" shade which I love and the pigmentation is amazing. I would expect nothing less for the price you pay for the full-sized version which, if you were wondering, I would definitely consider purchasing.
NARS Blush in "Orgasm".
I very rarely use the whole of a blush product and the size of this one is no smaller than many I use daily so I'm sure it will last me quite a while!
I think that using these two products together would be a gorgeous combination - although they can be built up to a very defined colour, they can also both be used very lightly in combination.
As a wonderful little bonus, the blush also has a mirror - brownie points for that!

As if it couldn't get any better, the last product in this special box works beautifully in combination with these two products and is my favourite of the five.
Satin lip pencil in "Rikugien".

It was the "Satin Lip Pencil" in the shade "Rikugien" which, in the full-sized version, is £19.00. This shade is gorgeous and matches so perfectly to the previous two products as it is that "dusty-rose-with-a-shimmer" colour again. The information card reads:
"Its silken texture drenches your pout in a slick of moisture-rich, creamy lipstick. Tap the pencil onto the centre of your lips and use your finger to smudge outwards for a kissed-off look that works day or night."

The texture of this product is so creamy! It feels so moisturising on the lips which is a must for this time of year. My first time wearing this out was a very pleasant experience, obviously it didn't stay on all day as I was out for 5+ hours and I only expect that sort of "staying-power" with a matte product. However, for the majority of that time, the lipstick stayed on in full colour and even when faded, the shade looked gorgeous still. 
Most definitely my favourite product in the box and I will be soon to purchase the full-sized version when I use it all up. 

I cannot give enough praise to this NARS edition from GLOSSYBOX. I'm always so impressed with their regular boxes but this has stepped it up a notch! I look forward to seeing where GLOSSYBOX go in the future with any of their upcoming special editions.
As always, I urge you to take a look into their subscription service which is amazing value for money! Their rose-gold December box, where they have collaborated with beauty blogger Really Ree, will be amazing I'm sure (and I have recently read on the website that there will be 6 products in every box!)
If you are interested, I'd really appreciate if you subscribed through my personal link as I gain reward points :)

As always, thank you for reading!
Holly Amber x

No comments:

Post a Comment