Monday 9 November 2015

NOVEMBER GLOSSYBOX REVIEW!


As always, the box came un-damaged and in its beautiful pink and black design. Upon opening the box I was extremely excited. I had received 3 full sized items and 2 travel sized items (which were still a surprisingly decent size).

The first product I came to in my box was a REVLON SUPER LUSTROUS LIPSTICK which can be purchased on the BOOTS WEBSITE FOR £7.49.


REVLON Super Lustrous
Lipstick.
"Pink in the Afternoon"

Each GLOSSYBOX subscriber this month got to choose between 4 shades of the lipstick. I can't remember the other three shades they had offered but the shade I decided on was "Pink in the Afternoon" - a beautiful, classic pink colour. 
The creamy consistency of these lipsticks is amazing; it makes my lips feel so plump and hydrated whilst being long-lasting at the same time. The lipstick itself contains vitamin E and avacado oil which gives it its moisturising properties.
The only thing I dislike about the lipstick is the scent, but it is barely noticeable after applying and it wouldn't put me off purchasing another of these in a different shade.


MUA Undressed Palette.
The next product I came to was an MUA eyeshadow palette (the UNDRESSED palette.)
I have previously bought many of these palettes and loved the eyeshadow formulation so I was happy to receive another which I hadn't previously owned.
Although these palettes are only £4.00 at most high-street makeup stores, you get 12 beautiful shades which are surprisingly good quality for what you pay.
In the picture to the left, the shades are (from the bottom, upwards) Cool Grey, Fuel, Henna, Tawny, Bronze ore, Lion, Hazel, Gild, Fawn, Rose Ash and Puff. 
I personally think these shades are beautiful, metallic shades which could be used for everyday wear or creating a smokey-eyed look for any occasion.
EYLURE Eyelashes.


The next item in the box was some EYLURE NATURALITES fake eyelashes which also came with the adhesive glue. I was very happy that they included some fake eyelashes which were natural-looking as I really dislike dramatic eyelashes for myself.
These lashes are "sweet and subtle" and add natural volume to your existing lashes without it being too obvious that they aren't your own.

They are suitable for all eye shapes, can be cut down to fit smaller eye shapes and can also be re-used.
There are so many different eyelashes you can choose from on the EYLURE WEBSITE for around £5.00 each and they are wonderful quality.


ROYAL APOTHIC Cream Creme Body
Lotion.
The next item I looked at was one of the two "travel-sized" products.
I had never previously heard of the brand ROYAL APOTHIC so I was intrigued to test out one of their products - a body lotion. 
First of all, the packaging of this product is gorgeous! I love the colours and design used - very appealing.
The instructions for use are to "massage into slightly damp skin after bathing to seal in the moisture". 
I'm not sure what the scent of this product is exactly as I can't find it on the packing or information sheet included in the box but it's very fresh and pleasant with some floral properties - nothing too overwhelming. 
The consistency of this product is very moisturising, creamy and absorbs into the skin quickly. 
"Formulated with milk proteins and lactic acid, this rich cream soothes, softens and hydrates dry skin without ever feeling greasy. Nourish your skin as you indulge your senses with subtle fragrance."

Due to the product being travel-sized, I will probably use this mainly as a hand-cream over the winter months as to not run out too quickly. It can be purchased (full size) on the ROYAL APOTHIC WEBSITE FOR £14.50


EMITE MAKE UP Diamond Heart (Illuminating)
Primer.
The last product in the box was also the other "travel-sized" product - EMITE MAKE UP's Diamond Heart (illuminating) Base Primer.
I was slightly concerned about the size of the product but when I tested it, I found that you need barely any product at one time anyway as it spreads quite far.
It feels very light on the skin and the scent is very pleasant but again, not overpowering which I like very much. It gives a very subtle, illuminating sheen to the skin which would look beautiful under foundation to give you a glowing complexion. 
"This peach fluid balances skin tone, boosts radiance and creates a smooth finish, perfectly prepping skin for the day (or night) ahead."
I am extremely excited to try this out under my foundation - I have very high hopes!
The full-sized version of this product can be purchased on the EMITE MAKE UP WEBSITE FOR £25.90.



The overall total of the products in the box this month is just over £57!
Although this isn't as high a total as the previous boxes, it is still 5x the amount you actually pay for the box each month which is pretty good value to me! 
Im so pleased with all 5 products I have received this month - wonderful choice from GLOSSYBOX.

I am very excited for the upcoming partnership of GLOSSYBOX with NARS and I will definitely be purchasing the box! Information about this can be found here, i really do urge you to have a look!

I am also excited for next month's GLOSSYBOX after reading the small message at the bottom of the information leaflet:
"Next month, we have a very exciting collaboration on the cards - a beautiful box to match. Beauty blogger Really Ree will be guest editing the Rose Gold collector's edition GLOSSYBOX - December has never looked so festive"

If you are at all interested in subscribing to GLOSSYBOX and receiving the December box, I'd really appreciate it if you did so through this link as I receive reward points :)

Thank you very much for reading!

Holly Amber x

No comments:

Post a Comment