Tuesday 9 February 2016

MY LAST GLOSSYBOX? (FEBRUARY GLOSSYBOX REVIEW)!

After the disappointment of my previous GLOSSYBOX, I was wary to receive my February edition - I hate being disappointed. However, I was optimistic that the January edition just wasn't for me; it didn't mean it was a bad subscription service.


This month's GLOSSYBOX was better than the last, but I'll explain my thoughts about my subscription to GLOSSYBOX as a whole towards the end. 
The box itself was, as always, beautifully designed and I've kept all of my boxes each month which I use to store my make-up or skin care products - they're really sturdy and I've saw people use them for many different things!

The first product in the box was an MUA PowerPout Glaze in the shade "Spellbound" (each subscriber got the chance to pick which shade they wanted). These can be purchased for £3.50 on the MUA website (or most drugstores) and they come in 6 different shades. MUA is definitely not my favourite brand for any type of lip products - I do like their highlights and eyeshadow palettes though. 
Unsurprisingly, I didn't particularly like this product (but it was not as bad as I had expected). The colour itself I don't like even though I had watched lip swatches before choosing my colour - it's a very sheer, shiny red colour which seems to rest on top of the lips. However, the consistency is only slightly tacky which I was happy about although I'm not sure how long it would last on the lips. 

The next product in the box was a set of slanted tweezers from the Vintage Cosmetics Company which can be purchased on their website for £8.00 - although I absolutely love the design of these (they have the cutest floral pattern), I already have about 4 pairs of tweezers. Definitely not a wasted product though, I just didn't necessarily need these.

The third product in the box was a Wilkinson Sword Intuition Sensitive Care shaver which can be purchased on the Superdrug website for £6.49. Again, this is not necessarily something I needed and I much prefer receiving makeup/hair products from GLOSSYBOX. I can't say I know a lot about razors but it states that it is good for sensitive skin as it moisturises as you shave and so requires no type of shaving foam/gel etc. It also states that it contains vitamin E and aloe vera. 

The next product in this month's box was a Nicka K 24-hour waterproof eyeliner in the shade "NYA41 - Dark Brown". I was especially pleased with receiving this as I was in search of a dark brown eyeliner. It comes with a wind-up eyeliner pencil on the one side and a small smudging sponge on the other end and the product itself is so creamy and pigmented! I would definitely recommend this eyeliner but I can only find it on the Nicka K (American) website for $5.99. However, if you can get your hands on this product you won't be disappointed at all, especially for the price you pay! 

The last product I received in the box was a NAOBAY (natural and organic) protective, volumising hair mask. I'm really excited to use this - I absolutely love the scent (although I'd be terrible at describing it). 

"This mask contains natural triglycerides that add density and volume to hair. It also features organically grown Shea Butter and Argan oil. Formulated for all hair types"

I was surprised at the size of this product also, will definitely get a couple of uses out of this. On the information sheet it states that it can be purchased form the NAOBAY website for £10.64 but I haven't been able to find this link myself.

Overall, the products in the box this month totalled to just over £30.00 and I wasn't over the moon with all of them. After receiving my box this month I made the decision to cancel my subscription with GLOSSYBOX for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I just haven't enjoyed the products I've received as much in my last couple of boxes - I understand that you can't expect to love every single product you receive but I feel as if the products do not match up to the first few ones I received. I think this can be seen in my reviews as well since I subscribed up 6 months ago. 
Also, each month the total retail price of all of the items in the box has slowly declined and I have started to receive cheaper products from brands I don't necessarily like (such as MUA, Essence etc). It is all a matter of opinion and I know many people who still love GLOSSYBOX and their customer service is brilliant - I just don't feel as excited as I previously was when waiting for my box each month and, although I may re-subscribe in the future, right now I've made the decision to try a different subscription service...

BIRCHBOX! 


So, in the next couple of days I'll be receiving my first monthly birch box and I will be sure to review and give my first impression.
Thank you as always for reading!
Holly Amber X

No comments:

Post a Comment