Monday 22 February 2016

WHAT I GOT FOR MY BIRTHDAY - MAKEUP PRODUCT REVIEWS!

Hi everybody! Im now officially 19 - my last teenage year which is a scary thought. Usually, I can't justify spending £30/40.00 on one makeup product so I thought my birthday would be a perfect time to receive things I've been wanting for a while.


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS
Contour Kit.
Top Left to bottom right:
Vanilla, Banana, Sand,
Java, Fawn and Havana.
The first thing I received (I know I'm very late jumping onto this bandwagon) was the ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS Powder Contour Kit which is £39.00 on the CULTBEAUTY website. I got mine in light/medium as I'm really pale right now and I like my counter to look quite natural. You get six different shades (3 are bronzier shades, 3 are lighter shades) which are all removable. I think I'll get a lot of use out of most of these! However, the highlighting shade "sand" isn't as good as some of my other highlighters so I probably won't use this one as much. I'm really impressed with the other shades though, they're all lovely colours for contouring with and are very pigmented - a little goes a long way with the bronzier shades! You can also purchase individual shades from the website now if you were to run out of one.

MAKEUP REVOLUTION
blush palette.
The second thing I received was the MAKEUP REVOLUTION Blush Palette in "Golden Sugar" which is £6.00 on the SUPERDRUG website.
Shades from bottom left to bottom
right, then top left to top right.
I am so impressed with this! For starters though, most of the shades in this palette are, in my opinion, much more like highlighters rather than blushers which is completely fine for me - I get much more excited about highlighters than blushers.
The pigmentation of these shades is amazing, especially for the price you pay! I absolutely love the first shade which is a very white, champagne shade but be very careful with how much of this you use - I dipped my brush in this twice yesterday and I looked like I'd be dipped in a bath of it. 
A couple of the shades have a little bit of glitter in which some people may not like in a highlighter but I can look past that for these shades with how beautiful they are!

BENEFIT Roller Lash.
The next product I received was the BENEFIT Roller Lash Mascara which can be purchased for £19.50 - bloody expensive for a mascara if you ask me (hence why I didn't purchase it myself). However, I do understand why so many people love this mascara. It gives your lashes so much length and curl and the packaging is absolutely beautiful (I'm a big fan of BENEFIT makeup packaging). 
I don't usually like rubber brushes like this one but its quite easy to use - it claims to "hook and roll" meaning it separates, lifts and curls each individual eyelash and I can see the difference from my usual Fairy Lashes mascara by JELLY PONG PONG (which is also a very good mascara, just less volumising).
Im not sure if I will re-purchase this when I run out of the product because of the price but we'll see how much my love grows for it until that time comes.

Natural Matte palette by TOO FACED.
The next palette I received I am so in love with - the TOO FACED Natural Matte palette which can be purchased for £27.00 from the TOO FACED website (or £32.00 from the DEBENHAMS website).
Top to bottom: Heaven, Cashmere Bunny,
Sexspresso, Lace Teddy, Strapless, Risque,
 Nude, Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie
The palette comes with a "how-to-glamour-guide" which contains instructions for three different looks the palette is made for creating (a 'day' look, a 'classic' look and a 'fashion' look). This would be really good for someone wanting to buy a palette which they can achieve different looks from - the shades can be combined in so many different ways for both day and night. 
The shades themselves are beautiful - my personal favourites are "honey butter", "chocolate cookie" and "strapless" and all of the shades are so easy to blend. I definitely think this palette is worth the money as I'll be getting so much use of out it. I will admit it was slightly smaller than I had expected but the packaging and product is beautiful nonetheless. 

MORPHE Palette - 35W.
Another palette I received was the MORPHE 35W palette which contains 35 shades and can be purchased for £15.95 on the BEAUTYBAY website. 
All of these shades are quite warm colours - there is a combination of matte, satin and shimmery shades which are all really pretty and pigmented. In the picture to the right I picked out a couple of my favourite colours to swatch but they are all really impressive and the palette as a whole is a great price considering how many shades you get. There are many more MOPRHE palettes I'd suggest you look through before choosing one to buy as it was a very hard choice for me!

NYX Liquid Suede
Lipsticks.
The last makeup product I received was the NYX Liquid Suede Lipsticks (which are essentially matte liquid lipsticks). I got mine in the shades "Soft Spoken" and "Vintage" and these can be purchased on the BOOTS website for £6.50 each. 
The packaging of these is very pretty! I also love the applicator which is slightly slanted, making the product easier to apply. I am extremely surprised and impressed with the formula of these - they dry down to matte quite quickly and I wore "Soft Spoken" yesterday for about 7 hours and it wore really well (considering I was eating and drinking a lot, I only reapplied twice). With any matte lipstick I'd advise you to exfoliate and moisturise your lips beforehand as they can be quite drying but these lipsticks didn't dry out my lips too much and didn't sink into every tiny line on my lips as I find most matte lipsticks do. I'd suggest using a lip liner with the darker colours as they are slightly harder to apply - I'm definitely going to purchase some of the lighter shades!

 Thank you very much for reading! I was so excited to try these out to review and share with you all as I know spending money on makeup is risky business when you're not sure if its worth it! I hope this was helpful and a big thank you to my parents, boyfriend and friends for buying me such lovely presents and giving me a lovely birthday as always.
Holly Amber X



No comments:

Post a Comment